Thursday, July 4, 2013

Favorite Red and Blue Nail Polishes

In honor of the fourth of July, of course! I'm obsessed with nail polish and I hope this inspire you for some amazing nail polish looks. Note: I used the official "stock" photos of these, but they really don't do the colors justice. Look up swatches online and you'll see how gorgeous these colors actually are. 

Red
This is my absolute favorite red nail polish (and up there in my all time favorite nail polishes of all colors). It's a gorgeous deep red that flatters every skin tone and gets compliments every time it is used. If you're looking for a good red polish, look no further than this. It is incredible. 

This is a gorgeous orangey-red that I have owned and repurchased for a couple of years now. It's one of the first nail polishes that I bought, and every time I wear it I receive compliments on it. The formula is great and stays on your nails forever. 

This looks really pink but it's actually a very shiny deep red with very subtle fuchsia undertones. Another gorgeous flattering color. 

This is a gorgeous candy apple red with a bit of shimmer. Fishnet Stockings (above) has very dark undertones, while this one is brighter and more playful. 

Blue 
This is a very playful, multi-dimensional blue that would be perfect for the fourth of July. This color does not flatter all skin tones though, and it can be pretty overwhelming. I love to wear it for occasions that call for it (like a day party or a holiday) but it's not an everyday nail polish. 

A very muted, gorgeous, work-appropriate blue color that I have worn to death. I love it so much, and now that I'm going to start my big girl job I'll definitely be wearing it more often. I'll be doing another post on work-appropriate nail polish soon.  

I'm obsessed with navy. It's my favorite color in the world and I own more navy clothes than I own in any other color, and I'm planning on decorating my room in my new apartment in mostly navy and white (there'll be a ton of posts about that coming up). Coming from a navy lover, I can tell you that this is the perfect navy color. It's deep, rich, flattering, opaque, everything you could want in a color. I wear this far too often, as I do many other navy things. 

This is such a beautiful soft pastel blue, perfect for spring and summer days. 

Happy 4th of July!

xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment