Saturday, July 6, 2013

My Love Affair with Clinique Lip Products

Clinique is by far my favorite makeup brand. While I definitely tend to stay within drugstore brands because of the price, but sometimes I'll save up some money and buy Clinique instead. Their products are great for your skin and they make you look great - nothing not to love.

Last year the Dartmouth Bookstore got a Clinique stand (tip for all you ladies going to Dartmouth next year) and I went a bit crazy. The wonderful woman working the stand knew me by name by the end. 

This is a review of my lip stuff alone, because I'm particularly obsessed with their lip products. 

I am completely obsessed with Chubby Sticks (including the eye ones -  that'll come on a different post), and my goal is to collect all of them (and I probably will). They are moisturizing while still having a great color payoff and in my opinion they are one of the best This color is my absolute favorite out of all of them, and I wear it more than every other lipstick I own. It's a gorgeous nude color, and the best way to explain it is that this is like your lips - but better. 

This is the most gorgeous pinkish/red color, and it's soft while colorful. I don't usually like pink lips but this one is incredible. 

Chubby Stick in Oversized Orange
This is a color I would have never picked out for myself, but the lady at the Clinique counter recommended it for my coral-colored dress. It comes out so gorgeous on the lips, and it's a great way to jump on the coral trend without going overboard. Definitely one of my favorites.

Chubby Stick in Chunky Cherry
One of my favorite red lip colors of all time, tied with the Revlon Lip Butter in Cherry Tart. This is a gorgeous red color that looks good on most people (I've given this as a present to both my mom, who is Hispanic, and one of my really good friends, who is Asian, and this color looks great on both of them).

Almost Lipstick in Black Honey
This is Clinique's best selling lip product of all time - and for good reason. The only way to describe this color is "sultry". It looks great on everyone - it almost adapts to your lips in a way that looks both natural and glamorous at the same time.

This is a great nude, every day color. This is the color that I use when I want to look professional (interviews, work, meeting the parents, etc), since it looks good and still adds a little something. 

That's my collection (for now - it'll definitely grow!). 

xoxo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment